Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sector 9 Mainland Longboard Review


Ok so we got a bunch of new sector 9 longboards in and I decided to start taking some of the demo boards for a spin in our parking lot. One of the first boards I took for a ride was the sector 9 mainland longboard. The board was set up with 65mm sector 9 wheels, sector 9 greaseball bearings, and gullwing mission trucks. I was thirsty so I jumped on and took it next door to the vending machine to get a Dr. Pepper. The flex in the deck was really nice and made for a fun little ride. The trucks however were surprisingly loose and manueverable. A few little twists with a skate tool put them just into the perfect spot and made it a little more stable. I was actually very surprised at how well the mainland performed with the gullwing mission trucks as I always thought they didn’t allow for turns as sharp and smooth as the board rode.

So with that in mind I would recommend to anyone who wants the sector 9 mainland longboard to set it up pretty much factory built. The only thing I would possibly change would be the bearings to an abec 7 cosmic series bearing as it is a cosmic series longboard and possibly some 70mm retro zigzag wheels, or orangatang 4 president 70mm wheels in purple as they allow you to get a little more power behind your turns and really pump in and out of the turns using the flex in the board without bouncing too much. Overall I would give the board an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment